I have had a battle with Friendly Finance since June 2013 with my final payment. I was advised my final payment was $1,300.00 or so.

I filed complaints with them, The Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's Office. A scheduled court hearing was August 7th, but the Attorney for Friendly Finance had the hearing rescheduled. The following day or so I received notice the company dropped the complaint. I asked my attorney about my title and he asked me to contact Friendly Finance.

On the 9th of August 9th the company forwarded another letter. This time they charged over $1,700.00. I responded and stated we would settle the matter in court because I paid all of my payments and why did the company drop the court hearing and a few days later send another letter demanding an outrageous payment that I did not owe. Yesterday, I awoke to hear the tow truck lifting my van from my garage/driveway.

I ran out and was advised I failed to make payments and it was repossessed. The company planned to repossess the vehicle from the beginning. Throughout my contract, I received letters from the company, harassing calls at work, stating I owed money. Yet, I paid the coupons on time, on a monthly basis.

I received a threatening call at work last year threatening to repossess the truck and of course ALL PAYMENTS WERE CURRENT. I was charged 25% interest. I believe the company received above the standard interest rate. The intent of this company is to rob, and steal the consumer.

Consumers Beware. The company appears to be crooks with a motive to rob the customer.

I plan to seek legal action as I have in the past. But consumers need to be aware of the manner the company operates.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: RETURN MY TRUCK AND GIVE ME MY TITLE.

Comments

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1138445

I would like to know what happened with this case because I'm dealing with this now